Because Wi-Fi speaker devices don't have a traditional web browser, you will likely need to manually register the device in order to access the internet. To do this, you will need to Log Into Your Account. Once logged in, click the link to "Manage My Devices" and then the link to "Add a Device." You will need to enter your MAC address here and select "Media Streamer" as the device type. Below is a list of instructions on locating MAC addresses on some popular speaker brands. If you experience any difficulties locating your MAC address or logging into your account, please contact our Tech Support hotline.
The wired MAC Address for your Sonos will be printed on the bottom of the device. It will be the 6 pairs of numbers listed. It will look something like this:
If you are connecting via wireless connection, simply add 1 to the last digit of the Wired MAC. For example, a device whose wired MAC Address ends in 2C would have a Wireless MAC Address that ends in 2D.
You can find your Bose speaker's MAC address in the SoundTouch App:
1. Go to "Explore"
2. Select "Settings"
3. Select "About"
4. From here you should see the devices you have on your account. Simply select the one that you need the MAC Address for and it will be displayed.
Applicable to the Amazon Echo, Echo Tap, and Echo Dot
- Download the Amazon Alexa app to your smartphone or computer and sign in with your Amazon account.
- Plug in the Echo using the included power adapter.
3. Connect to the wireless network broadcasted by your echo.
- Broadcasting a network from your Echo is only allowed during setup. Broadcasting a network from your Echo after setup is a violation of the Computer Network Usage and Security Policy.
4. Record the MAC address of the Echo, located at the bottom of the first screen in the Alexa app.
- Download the Google Home app to your smartphone.
- Plug in the Google Home using the included power adapter.
- Open the Google Home app.
- If prompted to allow location permissions, please do so.
- Select your Google Home from the list of devices, then click Set Up.
- You will be prompted to allow your phone to connect to a hotspot broadcast by the Google Home device. Accept the prompt.
- To ensure you connected to the correct device, a test sound will be played. Answer the displayed question accordingly.
- Enter the location (street address) of your Google Home, then click Continue.
- Make a note of the MAC address displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen. It is displayed as letters and numbers separated by colons. You'll need this later.