If you are reading this article, you are likely just moving in. Great news! Your high-speed internet service is already active in your apartment. Not only that, but once you’re connected in your apartment you will be able to enjoy wireless service at several other sites without having to register each time. These sites include:
Boyd And Holmes Hall, Jewell And Blazer Hall, Johnson/Donovan And Haggin Hall, University Flats And Lewis Hall, and Woodland Glen.
Getting connected to your high-speed internet is no different than any other time you've tried to connect. Just follow the steps below.
Connect using WiFi on a laptop or mobile device
- First, find your property's wireless network name, otherwise known as an SSID. You may see several different versions. For example:
- UK Housing or UK Housing 802.1X
- UK Housing 802.1X. If you don't yet have an account, you won't be able to connect to the 802.1x network, so you will need to connect to the open Property name network.
- After connecting, launch a browser, such as Google Chrome. You should be automatically redirected to a registration page, but if you are not, navigate to a website you've never visited before, like http://purple.com
- If you've connected successfully, one of two things will occur. You'll either see a purple page OR you'll be redirected to our Registration Page.
- If you don't see either the purple page or the registration page, contact support for further assistance.
- Enter your email address and follow the instructions on the screen to continue getting your device online.
All devices must be registered before they will be able to access the internet connection in your community. Connect an additional device by launching a browser* from that device. Log in using the account credentials you just created and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once your devices are registered in your account you will not have to re-register when you roam to other areas in the zone of UK properties listed above.
* To connect a device without a web browser (for example a gaming console, printer or internet TV) read this article for step by step instructions: Adding a device to my account.
Connecting to eduroam
Eduroam is a secure wireless network that is available with an active link blue account. Your link blue credentials can be used at any participating eduroam institution to access the wireless network. For a list of participating institutions visit: https://www.eduroam.us/institutions or https://www.eduroam.org/index.php?p=where.
Follow these steps to connect:
- Select eduroam from the available wireless networks.
- When prompted for your username and password, enter your link blue username followed by @uky.edu. The @uky.edu part identifies you as a participating user from the University of Kentucky and is required. Enter your link blue password.
- You should now be connected.