Apple has introduced iOS 17, which now offers new features for obtaining information about your Wi-Fi connection through Shortcuts. When you include the "Get Network Details" action in a shortcut, you have the option to select details such as the network name (SSID), BSSID, Wi-Fi standard, receive and transmit rates, RSSI, noise, and channel number.
One important consideration is that the report does not automatically refresh. If you wish to update the information, you will need to rerun the shortcut.
Add a shortcut to the Home Screen on iPhone or iPad
You can add shortcuts to the Home Screen, and optionally group them into folders.
- In the Shortcuts app on your iOS or iPadOS device, tap on a shortcut, then tap to open Details.
- Tap Add to Home Screen.
Optional: To use a custom photo for a Home Screen icon, tap the icon (in the Home Screen Name and Icon area), then choose one of the following:
- Take Photo: Use the camera to take a new photo.
- Choose Photo: Select an existing photo from your Photos library.
- Choose File: Select a photo from the Files app.
- Optional: To change the name that appears on the Home Screen, tap the name (in the Home Screen Name and Icon area), tap , enter a new name, then tap Return.
- Tap Add.
The shortcut is added to your Home Screen.