Sling TV Network Related Issues and Troubleshooting Steps Follow
Network Related Issues and Troubleshooting Steps:
Why is Sling so Glitchy/Buffering/Freezing?
- Having too many devices connected to your home network can limit the bandwidth available for what you're streaming and cause delays.
- Poor network or even a bug in the update.
- Check if this is the only affected device.
- Verify if this is the only affected application.
- Check your internet speed and WiFi settings.
- Turn off your streaming device for 10 seconds and turn it back on.
- Disconnect and reconnect the device to the Internet.
- If Sling TV App is still not working, reinstall the app and log back in again.
Why can't I cast Sling TV?
- Make sure your Sling Player app is up-to-date.
- Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the Chromecast device.
- Stop and restart streaming on the Sling Player app.
- If no changes happened, reboot the Chromecast device and reconnect it to your Sling TV App to cast again.
Issues on Load Times, Frequent Time Outs, Buttons not Being Clickable
- Make sure you are not using ad-blocker software/VPN
- Reset your streaming device.
- Reconnect to your Internet.
- Switch to private browsing or incognito mode.
What Internet speed does Sling TV need?
It requires a broadband home internet connection of at least 5.0 megabits per second (25 Mbps or higher is recommended).
If these troubleshooting steps do not work or if you have any other concerns not related to the network, kindly reach out directly to Sling TV https://www.sling.com/help/en